Beef Kaldareta. Beef Kaldereta is a main stay in any Filipino Kitchen. It is a type of beef stew cooked with tomato sauce and liver spread. Ingredients such as potato, carrots, bell peppers, and olives are also utilized when.
Beef Kaldereta (Caldereta) is a popular Filipino stew that is served during parties and holidays. There are so many great Filipino stews and a couple of my favorites that I've shared before include chicken. One of the most delicious Filipino Traditional Dishes. You can have Beef Kaldareta using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Kaldareta
- Prepare of 3 lbs beef cubed.
- You need of 4 pieces garlic cloves crushed and chopped.
- Prepare of 1 piece onion finely chopped.
- It’s of 3 cups beef broth.
- Prepare of 1 piece red bell pepper sliced (optional).
- You need of 1 piece green bell pepper sliced.
- It’s of 2 cups tomato sauce.
- It’s of 1/2 cup liver spread processed using blender.
- It’s of 1 teaspoon chili flakes.
- It’s of 5 pieces dried bay leaves.
- It’s of 500 g potatoes sliced.
- Prepare of 300 g carrots sliced.
- You need of 50 g cooking oil or butter.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
Made of Beef or Goat Meat, Caldereta is one dish that made it revolutionary for Philippine Cuisine to. This Beef Caldereta recipe (Kaldereta) gives you know-how on preparing this hearty dish. Beef Caldereta or Kaldereta is also known as the beef stew in tomato sauce. Kaldereta or caldereta is a goat meat stew from the Philippines.
Beef Kaldareta instructions
- Heat the cooking oil in the cooking pot or pressure cooker..
- Sauté the onion and garlic..
- Add the beef. Cook for 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown..
- Add the dried bay leaves and crushed pepper. Stir..
- Add the liver spread. Stir..
- Pour-in the tomato sauce and beef broth..
- Cook the beef until it becomes tender (about 30 mins if using a pressure cooker, or 1 to 2 hours if using an ordinary pot)..
- Add potato and carrots. Cook for 10 to 15minutes.
- Put bell peppers in the cooking pot. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes more..
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle grated choose(optional).
- Serve and Enjoy!.
Variations of the dish use beef, chicken, or pork. Commonly, the goat meat is stewed with vegetables and liver paste. Vegetables may include tomatoes, potatoes, olives, bell peppers, and hot peppers. Beef Kaldereta (or Caldereta) is a Filipino spicy tomato-based beef stew loved by many Filipinos. This spicy dish is commonly served on holidays and special occasions but believe me.