Vegan cabbage rolls. These Asian-inspired vegan cabbage rolls are made up of tender cabbage leaves, stuffed with a rice and veggie filling, and served alongside a Chinese brown garlic sauce. These vegan cabbage rolls are stuffed with lentils, grains, and seasonings, and taste similar to Vegan Cabbage Rolls. Our Vegan Stuffed Cabbage Rolls are brought to you by a request from one of our subscribers.
This recipe for Stuffed Vegan Cabbage Rolls was by reader request. Hundreds of you asked for it, so here is my version. Spoon lentil mixture into softened cabbage leaves and roll tightly. You can cook Vegan cabbage rolls using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan cabbage rolls
- You need 250 g of dry sushi rice.
- Prepare 1 of cabbage.
- It’s 3/4 tbsp of ginger.
- Prepare 3 of garlic gloves.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- You need 2 of peppers.
- It’s 8 of mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tamari.
- It’s of Salt, pepper.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ginger.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of tamari.
- You need 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of honing.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
Place stuffed cabbage rolls side by side in a baking dish. This recipe for Stuffed Vegan Cabbage Rolls was by reader request. Hundreds of you asked for it, so here is my version. These vegan cabbage rolls are super easy to make and crazy tasty, too!
Vegan cabbage rolls instructions
- Cook the rice Soak the sushi rice in a bowl with plenty of water for about 45-60 minutes, then drain. Cook it with the mentioned amount of water and some salt in a saucepan until tender, about 10-12 minutes..
- Cook the veggies Meanwhile, chop the veggies and prep the cabbage leaves. Bring a large pot with water to a boil, then add in 3-4 of the cabbage leaves and cook them for 2-3 minutes until softened. Place the cooked leaves into a bowl with cold water. Do this with the remaining leaves.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a skillet, add the onion, ginger, garlic, carrot, peppers, and mushrooms. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, then add tamari, and all spices. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes..
- Assemble Once the rice is cooked, add it to the skillet and stir to combine. Turn off the heat and taste the mixture. Add more seasonings if needed. Place a cabbage leaf on a plate and put about 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of the rice mixture in the middle. Fold in the sides and the top over the filling and roll it up. Place it on a plate. Do this with the remaining leaves.
- Pan sear the rolls Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a skillet, and once hot add 5 of the cabbage rolls. Pan sear for a few minutes from both sides. The rolls should be golden brown. Make the sauce Heat oil in a saucepan, then add ginger, garlic, tamari, rice vinegar, maple syrup. Let it cook for about 1-2 minutes. Mix the water with cornstarch to make a slurry and pour it into the skillet. Add the spices and cook the sauce for a few more minutes until thickened. Serve.
Kickstart your Daniel Fast with this dish that you'll absolutely love. This is my grandma's traditional cabbage roll recipe, but of course veganized! Vegan Cabbage Rolls Stuffed with Grilled Eggplant, Mushrooms & Spinach. Cabbage rolls, whether vegan or not, are usually served as a main dish with polenta and vegan sour cream (or vegan yogurt), and sometimes garnished with hot pepper, potatoes or bread. Delicious and satisfying vegan cabbage rolls filled with amaranth, sweet potatoes and lots of spices and seeds.