Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup.
You can cook Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup
- Prepare of ▢ 3 pounds (1396g) field or roma tomatoes, cut in half horizontally.
- Prepare of ▢ 3 cups (750ml) unsalted chicken stock.
- Prepare of ▢ 3 (11g) garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- It’s of ▢ 1 (248g) medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare of ▢ 1 (102g) carrot, chopped.
- You need of ▢ 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil.
- It’s of ▢ 1 tablespoon (14g) unsalted butter (vegan.
- It’s of ▢ 2 tablespoons (30ml) fish sauce.
- You need of ▢ 2 tablespoons (30g) jasmine rice.
- You need of ▢ A pinch dried basil.
- Prepare of ▢ A pinch dried thyme.
- It’s of ▢ Salt, sugar & ground black pepper.
- You need of ▢ ½ cup (125ml) heavy cream (do not add if canning).
Instapot Roasted Tomato Soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Layer tomatoes (cut side up) in a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & ground black pepper. If your tomatoes are not in season, sprinkle a little sugar on the tomatoes to help them caramelize better. Place baking tray in the oven’s middle rack. Depending on your oven and tomatoes, it will take 45 – 65 minutes..
- Heat up your pressure cooker over medium high heat (Instant Pot: press Sauté button, then Adjust button to Sauté More function). Ensure your pot is as hot as it can be (Instant Pot: wait until indicator says HOT)..
- Sauté onions in 1 tbsp unsalted butter for roughly 2 – 3 minutes until soften. Add in garlic and season with a pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper if you like. Sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Add in chopped carrots and saute for another minute..
- Pour ~ ½ cup (125 ml) unsalted chicken stock. Scrub all the brown bits off bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Keep the brown bits as they are very flavorful..
- Add roasted/browned tomatoes, 2 tbsp (30g) jasmine rice, a pinch of dried basil, and a pinch of dried thyme in Instant Pot. Pour in 2 tbsp (30ml) fish sauce and remaining unsalted chicken stock. Close the lid and cook at High Pressure for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and do a 10 minutes Natural Release. Open the lid carefully..
- Blend tomato soup into desired consistency with an immersion hand blender. *Optional: Strain the tomato soup over a fine mesh strainer for maximum smoothness. Add ½ cup (125ml) heavy cream. Taste the soup and season with salt if necessary. Depending on the tomatoes, you may want to add a pinch (or a few pinches) of sugar to balance the acidity flavor. It does wonder to the flavor!.
- Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy immediately. This will be a really good soup to serve to your favorite guests with grilled cheese sandwiches on the side.
- You may also water-bath or steam can this soup. Process pint jars for 20 minutes. Quart jars for 25 minutes. As mentioned above, do not add the heavy cream if canning. Add the cream as you open the jars and reheat..