Tofu Mayo Toast Sandwich. Using a popup toaster or a pan, lightly toast all slices of bread such that they are semi-crispy, (not brown), this can be done in parallel with chopping the vegetables to save time. Mix up all ingredients for the filling in a bowl, and then squash the filling further with your spoon Tofu Mayo Toast Sandwich is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. Chilled Tofu Mayonnaise Sandwiches are ideal for picnics, working lunches and generally anytime when you need a quick lunch-on-the-move. Instead of a closed sandwich, for a change, prepare open sandwiches. You can cook Tofu Mayo Toast Sandwich using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu Mayo Toast Sandwich
- Prepare of For the filling.
- It’s 3/4 cup of diced onions.
- You need 3/4 cup of peppers (green/yellow/red/combination), diced.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies, minced (+/-1 for spice adjustment).
- Prepare 1 cup of tofu, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of kitchen king masala.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vegan mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
- Prepare of For the sandwich.
- You need 12 slices of bread.
- Prepare of Vegan butter (optional spread).
- Prepare of For Garnish.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need of Your choice of dipping sauce (I have used Maggi masala sauce).
A bonus is you can fit more filling in an open sandwich! While the tofu is cooking, lightly toast the bread. Then spread the mayonnaise on one slice and the mustard on the other. When the tofu is cooked, place it on one slice of bread, put the cheddar on top, and place it bread-side down in the pan.
Tofu Mayo Toast Sandwich step by step
- Using a popup toaster or a pan, lightly toast all slices of bread such that they are semi-crispy, (not brown), this can be done in parallel with chopping the vegetables to save time..
- Mix up all ingredients for the filling in a bowl, and then squash the filling further with your spoon.
- Take roughly 1-2 tbsp of filling for each sandwich and spread leaving the edges of the bread dry. This is to avoid the filling from melting its way out of the sandwich.
- Optionally you can spread vegan butter before applying the filling on both slices or either one of them..
- Sprinkle some cilantro on top of the mixture in the sandwich.
- Toast the sandwiches on both sides for approximately 1-2 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Enjoy along with a side of a dip of your choice.
Place the lid on the pan to let the cheese melt. When the tofu is done, make the sandwiches. Then spread the mayo on both sides of the rolls. Top the bottoms of the rolls with the coleslaw and a few slices of blackened tofu, then place the top rolls on top of the tofu. Spread the mixture on toasted bread.